Consular services

This section contains information on your registration, how to apply for an identity card or passport, etc.


Informations on your Belgian pension abroad.
  1. Last updated on

If you live abroad, are approaching the legal retirement age and believe you are entitled to a Belgian pension, you can request this under certain conditions.

You will find all information about applying for a pension and its payment abroad on the FPS Foreign Affairs website. The competent authority for your application depends on your country of residence and whether you are self-employed, an employee or a civil servant.

Useful contacts:

For the payment of the pension abroad, you must have the "certificate of life" form stamped by the embassy every year and return it to the competent office. This will avoid any interruption of the payment.

You can contact the embassy by e-mail for an appointment ( If you are unable to register in person, please e-mail the embassy a photo of yourself with a recent newspaper. The certificate of life is then dated to the date of the newspaper.