Last updated on
The following certificates can be issued to Belgians who are registered at the embassy and are therefore no longer registered in Belgium or in another post:
- Certificate of residence
- Certificate of registration
- Certificate of family composition
- Certificate of nationality
- Certificate of concordance of name
- Certificate of marital status
- Certificate of possesion of a Belgian Passport, travel or identity document
- Certificate of life(*)
The certificates can be issued in Dutch, French or German. Please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
(*) For the certificate of life, no certificate is drawn up, but the embassy confirms the personal details and being alive on the pre-printed form of the Belgian pension institution. If you are unable to register in person, please email a photo of yourself with a recent newspaper. The certificate of life is then dated to the date of the newspaper.
For the fee and payment, see consular fee.
Belgians who are registered in Belgium or in another embassy can contact their municipality or embassy of registration.