Last updated on
Online registration via the electronic counters for Belgians abroad
As of 25/11/2020, The Belgian embassy / Belgian consulate (general) offers you the opportunity to register online in the consular population register. You can access the website if you:
- are Belgian;
- are not (no longer) registered in Belgian municipality, because you have reported your departure abroad to this municipality;
- have a valid and activated Belgian e-ID;
- know your PIN code and have a card reader.
Registration by sending documents to the embassy
If you cannot register via the electronic counter, you can contact our embassy (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please submit or send the following documents (which are available in Dutch or French) in PDF format:
- if you have moved from Belgium, the “Model 8” (proof of deregistration issued by your commune) in Dutch or French;
- the registration form for adults (Dutch or French), minors (Dutch or French), or foreign family members of a registered Belgian (Dutch or French);
- the registration form for elections abroad in Dutch or French (possibly followed by a power of attorney form in Dutch or French);
- a copy of your passport;
- a copy of your e-ID;
- a copy of your residence permit (KITAS/KITAP);
- proof of you address (for example: lease agreement, letter from local authority).