Consular services

This section contains information on your registration, how to apply for an identity card or passport, etc.

Criminal record

Information on the criminal record.
  1. Last updated on

a) If you live abroad and wish to obtain an extract from the Belgian criminal record, you need to send a personal request by email to: Federal Public Service Justice - Central criminal record -

Please specify in your request:

  • your name and first name
  • your address
  • your date and place of birth
  • the reason of your request

You can also attached the photo of your ID card or passport.

The extract from the criminal record is issued free of charge.

b) If you wish to obtain an extract from the criminal record for a period of time during which you resided abroad (with a residence permit), you can contact directly the authorities of the country concerned.

For Indonesia, the criminal record will be in the form of SKCK (Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian).

For East Timor, it can be obtained through the Ministry of Justice of East Timor.