The embassy does not issue Belgian or international driver's licenses, nor duplicate Belgian driver's licenses (in case of theft or loss).
More info on the website of: FPS Mobility and Transport
If you are staying abroad on a TEMPORARY basis, you can apply for an international driving license.
If you are a Belgian citizen permanently resident in Indonesia, you must apply for a local driver's license.
Requirements for Indonesian Driver’s License:
- Original passport.
- Photocopy of passport pages containing identity information, visa, and entry stamp.
- Original and copy of KITAS or KITAP card for those who are permanently domiciled in Indonesia.
- Original and copy of any valid driver’s license(s) you already have, if applicable.
- Medical note, or Surat Keterangan Dokter or Surat Kesehatan, which can be issued at the police station.
- Original and copy of KTP-OA (Indonesian Identification for Foreigners), or SKTT (Indonesian Letter of Domicile) if applicable.
- Photocopy of Surat Tanda Melapor (STM- Indonesian Police Report Letter) if you don’t have item 6 above.
- Meet the age of 17 year old.
Where to go for the license:
The Indonesian police are in charge of issuing driver’s licenses. Therefore, you will need to go to your local mid-level police station. They’re called Polresta (or Poltabes), or Polres, depending on whether you live in a large city (kotamadya) or in a regency (kabupaten).
Satuan Pelaksana Administrasi SIM (SATPAS) Polda Metro Jaya
Jl. Daan Mogot Km. 12.8, Jakarta Barat 11720
Jl. Gunung Sanghyang No.110, Denpasar Barat 80117
For all other locations, simply search online for “Polres” and the name of your city or regency.