USA Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
A la demande de l'Ambassade US à Jakarta, nous attirons votre attention sur l'introduction de ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). Texte et explication de l'Ambassade US à Jakarta suivent ci-dessous dans leur version originale en langue anglaise :
Currently under the Visa Waiver Program, citizens of Belgium who hold a machine-readable passport may to apply for admission to the United States for 90 days or less as non-immigrant visitors for business or pleasure without first obtaining a non-immigrant visa. Effective January 12, 2009, citizens of Belgium seeking to enter the USA under the Visa Waiver Program will be required to receive advanced authorization through a new web-based application, the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). By logging on to the US Department of Homeland Security Website at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov, the traveler provides responses to basic biography and eligibility questions.
In most cases, ESTA will provide the traveler with an almost immediate determination of eligibility. ESTA approval will be required to board any carrier arriving at a USA port of entry by land or by sea.
Additional information concerning ESTA:
- ESTA is not a visa and is not required for travelers entering the US on a valid US visa. It is only required for travelers seeking to enter the US for business or pleasure through the Visa Waiver Program.
- Each approved ESTA application is generally valid for two years and allows for multiple visits to the US within that period without having to reapply. However, a traveler´s ESTA information may have to be updated under certain circumstances, most notably if the traveler is issued a new passport. Additional information on this point can be found at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov.
- Accompanied and unaccompanied spouses or children, regardless of age, will be required to obtain a separate ESTA approval
- ESTA approval is also required for travelers seeking to transit the US under the Visa Waiver Program.
- There is no fee for processing through the ESTA program. The Embassy of the USA urges travelers from Belgium to beware of websites charging for information on ESTA.