Visa for Belgium
Mandatory form for travel to Belgium
From August, 1st, all persons returning to Belgium and all persons travelling through Belgium and who are staying at least 48 hours must fill out an identification form (Passenger Locator Form). You can find this form here.
Information on the GDPR
General Data Protection Regulation. Information to be provided to applicants concerning the processing of personal data in the Visa Information System (VIS) provided upon short stay visa applications.
All the information concerning visa applications for Belgium is available on the website of the Foreigners Department of the FPS Home Affairs, which is the competent Belgian authority for access to the territory, stay, residence and removal of foreigners in Belgium.
Attention: If you would like to apply for a Schengen visa, please do so through the VFS website for visa applications to travel to Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. The VFS "Benelux" call center can be reached at +62 21 304 187 12 and by e-mail.
- There is no legal right to a visa.
- A later change of the purpose of the visa is not admissible.
- Additional documents or proof may be asked by the consular officer in individual cases.
- All original documents should be presented together with a photocopy.
- At the entry in the Schengen area the immigration authorities may ask to see the supporting documents to the visa application. Therefore the applicant should carry the originals or copies with him/her.
- Incomplete application forms or insufficient supporting documents will result in a negative decision on the application.
- In case a visa is not approved, the consular fee paid with the application will not be refunded.
- Procedure guide - Immigration Office (not yet available in English)
Since the 1st September 2011, following an agreement between the three Benelux countries, applications for Schengen visas are centralised and should be introduced through the VFS website for visa applications to travel to Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. The VFS "Benelux" call center can be reached at +62 21 304 187 12 and by e-mail.
Following the mutual visa waiver agreement signed with the European Union on 26 May 2015, Timor Leste citizens are allowed visa-free for 90 days within 180 days inside the Schengen Area.
The Embassy of Belgium continues to deliver the other types of visas.
Family reunion (not yet available in English)