Last updated on
1. If you apply for a short stay visa C (up to 90 days) for Belgium or Luxemburg, please note that Belgium has a representation agreement with the Netherlands.
The representation agreement for visa only concerns Schengen visa applications for following travel destinations:
- Tourist visits
- Visits to family or friends
- Cultural or sports manifestations
- Business trips
- Short traineeships
- Transit through the Schengen area
So please contact the outsourcing partner of the Netherlands for the application procedure and requirements for the short stay Schengen visa C.
2. If you apply:
- for a long stay visa D (more than 90 days) for Belgium or Luxembourg or
- a visa C aiming at a long stay in Belgium or Luxembourg (e.g. marriage, cohabitation),
you will have to make an appointment to come personally to the Belgian embassy in Jakarta to present your documents and to register your biometric data.
The following visa applications are received at the Belgian embassy in Jakarta:
- Academic visa: student visa, (post)doctoral activity, Erasmus, or exchange students
- Economic visa: single permit and professional card, au pair, researchers, trainings
- Family reunion: with Belgian or third country citizen
- Authorization to stay: humanitarian visa, rentier
- Visa C for longer stay: marriage or legal cohabitation
- Family visit/reunion under EU directive 2004/038/CE
For an appointment at the Belgian embassy, please submit first your application form electronically via the FPS Foreign Affairs website: visaonweb.diplomatie.be . Once the application has been submitted electronically in VOW, a "Make an appointment" button appears at the bottom of the electronic form and directs the applicant to our Online Appointment system.
On the appointment, your biometric data will be registered and you have to present all required documents (original and 1 set of copies). Please prepare complete files as to avoid delays in the procedure.
The embassy’s address:
Embassy of Belgium in Indonesia,
Deutsche Bank Building 16th fl.
Jln. Imam Bonjol No. 80, Jakarta 10310
A visa application can be presented starting from maximum 6 months prior to intended departure date and should be presented minimum 3 weeks before the intended departure date.