Visa for Belgium

All information about applying for a visa for Belgium.

Visa for long stay (>90 days)

How do I apply for a long-stay visa?
  1. Last updated on

You need to apply for a visa long stay (visa D) if your intended stay in Belgium is superior to 90 days. This visa is applicable for academic (student and student exchange), economic (single permit, au pair, professional card) and family reunification purposes. Also for marriage or legal cohabitation with intention of permanent stay in Belgium.

The visa for family reunion with an EU citizen residing in Belgium (Directive 2004/038/CE) can either be for the short as for the long stay.

You can find on this page the checklists of the different types of visa. We recommend to prepare the required documentation as listed.

For an appointment at the Belgian embassy, please submit first your application form electronically via the FPS Foreign Affairs website: . Once the application has been submitted electronically in VOW, a "Make an appointment" button appears at the bottom of the electronic form and directs the applicant to our Online Appointment system.

On the appointment, your biometric data will be registered and you have to present all required documents (original and 1 set of copies). Please prepare complete files as to avoid delays in the procedure.

The embassy’s address:

Embassy of Belgium in Indonesia,
Deutsche Bank Building 16th fl.
Jl. Imam Bonjol No. 80, Jakarta 10310


A visa application can be presented starting from maximum 6 months prior to intended departure date and should be presented minimum 3 weeks before the intended departure date.