Home Consular services Belgian passport Passport lost or stolen?
Passport lost or stolen?
Have you lost your Belgian passport or has it been stolen?
- Call DOCSTOP as soon as possible on the free number 00-800 2123 2123 or 00132 2 518 2123 (with charge).
- Report the loss or theft to the local police and keep the copy of your report (in English or Indonesian).
- Fill the form for reporting loss or theft of passport (in FR or NL) to be handed over to the embassy.
You can then apply for a temporary passport or ETD (Emergency Travel Document), or a new Belgian passport if you are registered in the consular register.
Depending on your place of residence in Indonesia, contact the embassy in Jakarta or the honorary consulate in Surabaya (only for a temporary passport or ETD).
You must come in person to the embassy or honorary consulate and bring the following supporting documents:
- Your original loss or theft report from the Indonesian police;
- Proof of your identity: identity card or other recent official document with photo (If you no longer have any documents or if they are no longer valid, we have to make some verifications);
- Application form for temporary passport or ETD (Dutch or French);
- Form for reporting loss or theft of passport (Dutch or French);
- Two passport photos (3.5cm x 4.5cm, white uniform background, neutral facial expression, closed mouth);
- Payment proof - See Consular Fees.